Diagnostic pH Test Strips measure the pH levels of a dog or cat using their urine or saliva. These advanced diagnostic test strips are comprised of a two pad color system affixed to an easy to handle plastic strip, making them more sturdy and effective than ordinary litmus paper. When ordinary litmus paper gets wet it bleeds, creating varying colors making it difficult to accurately match to a pH color chart.
Testing your dog or cat's pH will determine if their body is overly acidic and may provide everyday insight into ailments such as low energy, poor digestion, joint aches and problematic weight management. Alternatively, an increase in urine pH can indicate the formation of struvite crystals and/or a urinary tract infection because the related bacteria secrete an enzyme that increases pH and contributes to the formation of of struvites.
Contains 90 wide range 4.5 - 9.0 pH test strips
Q. How do you use the pH test strips for dogs and cats?
1. Quickly pass the pH strip in the urine stream.
2. Shake off any excess immediately.
3. Wait 15 seconds and match the colors on the strip to the corresponding color chart.
4. Discard the strip - do not reuse.
1. Use a cotton swab to gather saliva from your pet's mouth. Generally, use the swab along the bottom of the mouth where the gum and inside cheek meet. This way you are less likely to have food/bacteria from the teeth/gums interfere with test results.
2. Touch the wet cotton swab to the test indicators on the test strip making sure there is sufficient moisture to get test results.
3. Wait 15 seconds and compare colors on the strip to the corresponding color chart.
4. Discard the strip - Do not reuse.