Lion's Mane Mushroom for dogs and cats is a supplement to support those animals with degenerative nerve conditions or nerve injuries. Legend has it that those who consumed Lion's Mane mushroom would have the memory of a lion and nerves of steel and it has been used in China and Japan as a medicinal mushroom for centuries. This reputation is due to this mushroom's ability to stimulate nerve growth factor (NGF) production. NGF is a neuropeptide that helps maintain neurons, which are the cells responsible for helping your brain process and transmit information. Lion's mane has been shown to regenerate damaged nerve cells, which means it may be particularly beneficial for those with advancing neurodegenerative diseases.
We have included this mushroom in our supplement offerings because our research has shown positive effects for those suffering from nerve conditions. Particularly when our research for our Degenerative Myelopathy Protocol lead us to look into multiple sclerosis for possibly more answers for some of our tougher clients since these conditions share some similarities. Lion's Mane mushroom came up time and time again as highly recommended for those suffering with MS.
Research has found that Lion’s Mane mushroom may help speed recovery from nerve injuries by stimulating the growth and repair of nerve cells. In fact, lion’s mane mushroom has been shown to reduce recovery time by 23–41% when given to rats with nervous system injuries. Research has also shown that Lion’s Mane may also help reduce the severity of brain damage after a stroke. In one study, Lion’s Mane mushroom was given to rats immediately after a stroke and helped to decrease inflammation and reduce the size of stroke-related brain injury by 44%.
Lion's Mane Mushroom Benefits for Dogs and Cats
Available in a 3 oz container
Organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom (Hericium erinaceus)**
**Activated lion’s mane mycelium and fruiting body preparation.
Other ingredients: organic myceliated brown rice
Provide 1/2 teaspoon daily per 25 lbs. Divide equally between meals if convenient. Mix with a little water before adding to meal or when in food dish and then blend into food well. Use some special treat food if necessary.
Storage: Store at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
No posts found