The Honest Kitchen Thrive Dog Food is their gluten-free, low carbohydrate dog food. This diet was designed to cater to dogs of all life stages including adults, puppies, pregnancy and nursing. Thrive is ideal for sensitive dogs who need gluten-free dog food but with a little grain, to help maintain a healthy body weight.
Honest Kitchen Thrive is a very minimalist, nourishing diet which is also recommended for dogs with sensitivities and may benefit dogs with Cancer. Thrive contains NO fruits, potatoes or flax.
The Honest Kitchen is now using humanely raised, free range chickens in their Thrive dog food.
The Honest Kitchen Thrive Dog Food Features
- More Nutritious Dehydrated Ingredients.
- Uses naturally gluten-free, Quinoa.
- Low carbohydrate.
- Suitable for all life stages; puppies, pregnancy, lactation, active adult dogs & healthy seniors. Thrive is naturally low-carb, with just 37% carbohydrates. Low carb diets are often indicated as part of a holistic approach to cancer recovery.
About The Honest Kitchen
The Honest Kitchen Dog Food bridges the gap between raw, homemade and commercial kibble dog food diets. The Honest Kitchen starts with fresh, raw ingredients and gently dehydrate them so that the majority of the valuable vitamins, minerals and enzymes remain. Dehydration makes food completely safe even for pups and senior pets with compromised immune systems. The Honest Kitchen finished products are nutritious, delicious, and healthy some even call them gourmet!
Because dehydration takes place at moderate temperatures, the majority of The Honest Kitchen ingredients are still considered raw. The only exceptions are the meats and eggs, which are dehydrated at high enough temperatures to kill any bacteria present and are therefore essentially considered 'cooked'. This ensures that all finished products maintain their human edible status, which is required by their manufacturing facility!
The Honest Kitchen Thrive Dog Food Benefits
- Production occurs in a human food facility in California, alongside products such as breakfast cereals and beverage mixes for human consumption. The facility is FDA inspected.
- A great alternative for those wishing to add more whole foods to your dog's diet but do not want to use a raw meat diet.
- Offers a way to create fresh, natural meals for your dog in the comfort of your home with no cooking and no freezers required!
- Features organic grains, hormone / antibiotic-free meats and non-GMO produce.
- All ingredients are guaranteed 100% Human Food Grade.
- Easy to Prepare! Just add warm water and stir. Wait 5 minutes and its ready to serve!
- Contains a human grade vitamin mineral premix for complete and balanced nutrition.
- Gently dehydrated to preserve nutrients.
- Perfect for traveling or any time you are on the go.
We've started feeding the Thrive and are mixing it with meats of our own. My dogs Isabel and Rosie love it, licking their bowls, and then each other's bowls clean every time. And I love being able to feed them food that I have confidence in.
The Honest Kitchen Thrive Dog Food Details
*Available in a 4lb container that makes 17lbs of fresh dog food and a 10lb container that makes 43lbs of fresh dog food!
The Honest Kitchen Thrive Dog Food Ingredients
Hormone-free Chicken, Organic Quinoa, Sweet Potatoes, Spinach, Parsley, Organic Kelp, Rosemary, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, potassium chloride, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate.
The Honest Kitchen Thrive Dog Food Guaranteed Analysis
Protein (min) 26% (28 DM), Fat (min) 18% (19.5% DM), Fiber 6.5% (7% DM), Moisture 7.5% (92.5% DM)
Calcium:Phosphorous Ratio - 1.2:1
What about adding extras like meat or other foods to The Honest Kitchen?
Adding other ingredients is not imperative. You can really add as many or as few additional ingredients as you wish, depending on time and convenience, if you are using their complete and balanced diets such as Force, Embark, Verve and Thrive. For these diets, The Honest Kitchen recommends 1/2 to 1 cup of extra ingredients for each dry-measured cup of the food. A more active dog would have these quantities added to the regular food serving. For a less active or senior dog, you can cut back the amount of Honest Kitchen food to allow for the additional ingredients being included, and prevent the calories from increasing too much. Using Preference, where additional protein is mandatory to create a balanced meal, The Honest Kitchen suggests a minimum 1 to 2 cups of extras, to be added to each dry-measured cup of Preference.
Never heard of Quinoa? Pronounced Keen-Wah, it's a treasured ancient grain from Bolivia in South America. Our Quinoa is fair-trade, sustainably grown and 100% certified organic.
Naturally gluten-free, Quinoa is a valuable source of complete protein. It contains every single amino acid and is especially well-endowed with the amino acid lysine, which is essential for tissue growth and repair. In addition to protein, quinoa features a host of other health-building nutrients.
No posts found
Clearance Items 30-50% Off
While supplies last. Don't miss out on these great deals! Click here to view.
Most orders are shipped within 24hrs on business days!