The Honest Kitchen Preference just needs meat! This is the easiest way to make homemade dog food! Preference is a grain-free foundation diet, to which meat must be added with every feeding. The beauty of Preference is that you can add whichever meat, or protein source, you would like, so it's an excellent option for dogs that can't tolerate more common protein sources or who just like a little variety. If you already cook your own homemade dog food or grind your own raw veggies, try Preference as an easy, convenient, grain-free base for your own dog food recipe!
The Honest Kitchen Preference Dog Food Features
- More Nutritious Dehydrated Ingredients.
- Foundation-Mix For Homemade.
- Grain- free.
- Makes home preparing your dog's food easier!
- Allows you to pick the protein source for sensitive dogs or just for variety.
- Suitable for dogs of all ages including pups and seniors.
About The Honest Kitchen
The Honest Kitchen Dog Food bridges the gap between raw, homemade and commercial kibble dog food diets. The Honest Kitchen starts with fresh, raw ingredients and gently dehydrate them so that the majority of the valuable vitamins, minerals and enzymes remain. Dehydration makes food completely safe even for pups and senior pets with compromised immune systems. The Honest Kitchen finished products are nutritious, delicious, and healthy some even call them gourmet!
Because dehydration takes place at moderate temperatures, the majority of The Honest Kitchen ingredients are still considered raw. The only exceptions are the meats and eggs, which are dehydrated at high enough temperatures to kill any bacteria present and are therefore essentially considered 'cooked'. This ensures that all finished products maintain their human edible status, which is required by their manufacturing facility.
The Honest Kitchen Preference Dog Food Benefits
- Production occurs in a human food facility in California, alongside products such as breakfast cereals and beverage mixes for human consumption. The facility is FDA inspected.
- A great alternative for those wishing to add more whole foods to your dog's diet but do not want to use a raw meat diet.
- Offers a way to create fresh, natural meals for your dog in the comfort of your home with no cooking and no freezers required!
- Features non-GMO produce.
- All ingredients are guaranteed 100% Human Food Grade.
- Easy to Prepare! Just add warm water (Preference requires the addition of a protein source) and stir. Wait 5 minutes and its ready to serve!
- Contains a human grade vitamin mineral premix for complete and balanced nutrition.
- Gently dehydrated to preserve nutrients.
- Perfect for traveling or any time you are on the go.
I feed a raw diet to my dogs and I'm always concerned whether or not they are getting a balanced diet. I was making my own vegetable base and freezing it, but this extra step in feeding a raw diet was getting to be very time consuming. Then I found preference. It is a nutritionally balanced base for the raw meat and my dogs love it! I don't have to spend extra on additional vitamin supplements when I feed Preference because it is all in there already!Thanks for a great product!
The Honest Kitchen Preference Dog Food Details
*Available in a 3lb container that makes 12lbs of fresh dog food and a 7lb container that makes 28lbs of fresh dog food!
The Honest Kitchen Preference Dog Food Ingredients
Alfalfa, sweet potatoes, cabbage, celery, apples, spinach, organic kelp, coconut, bananas, zucchini, and honey, tricalcium phosphate, choline chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, potassium chloride, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate.
The Honest Kitchen Preference Dog Food Guaranteed Analysis
Protein (min) 12% (13 DM), Fat (min) 5% (5.5% DM), Fiber 10% (11% DM), Moisture 8.9% (91.1% DM)
Calcium:Phosphorous Ratio - 1.5:.64
Preference is suggested for use with added raw meat, meaty bones or cooked meat of your preference (never cooked bones), as a base for a home made diet. This diet contains a custom vitamin-mineral premix with balanced calcium: phosphorus ratios, which are vital for the maintenance of healthy cells, bones and blood.
This recipe is ideal for dogs who are sensitive to more popular meats. Therefore, more exotic meats, fish or alternative protein sources may be used as required.
Preference is intended for supplemental feeding only, and has not been developed to meet AAFCO nutrient profiles or provide a complete and balanced diet when fed alone.
Meats may be added to Preference at a rate of 1:1 to 2:1 depending on the age, breed and level of activity of your pet.
Please feel free to contact us if you would like some guidance.
Clearance Items 30-50% Off
While supplies last. Don't miss out on these great deals! Click here to view.
Most orders are shipped within 24hrs on business days!