We are concerned about privacy
Your privacy is very important to us. The Pet Health and Nutrition Center respects and protects the privacy of its visitors. In this document, we explain how we use the information you supply to us.
We Do Not
- Sell or trade your personally identifiable information.
- Your email address will not be sold, rented, or traded to an outside party. You will not receive email from an outside party as a result of providing your email address to us.
More Detailed Information
Information collection and use
Two types of information may be collected when you visit our web site, information that you knowingly provide us (called personally identifiable information), and information that is obtained from your visit but is not directly associated with you (called non-personally identifiable information).
Personally identifiable information
- We only collect personally identifiable information from you when you voluntarily register on the site, place an order, request a catalog, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We may also collect information about gift recipients such as name, email address, and shipping address so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is used for purposes of sending the gift and will not be used for other purposes.
- If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friends name and email address. We will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the site. We do not transfer this information to outside parties.
How do we use your information?
Information about you specifically will not be used for any purpose other than to carry out the services you requested from The Pet Health and Nutrition Center. We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone at any time.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and "members-only" content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
Non-personally identifiable information
Non-personally identifiable information is collected without any direct association with you specifically. In the normal course of using the pethealthandnutritioncenter.com, we may collect information about your habits and usage of our site.
Our web site may contain technologies used to compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, common navigation paths within the sites, types of browsers and platforms that access the sites and the average connection speeds used to connect to the sites. This information is used to enhance the online experience of our customers. These technologies do not use or collect personally identifiable information, such as names or address, and do not link online actions to an identifiable person.
Do we use "cookies"?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting our customer service at 888-683-3339
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information except as outlined below. The term "outside parties" does not include The Pet Health and Nutrition Center.
- We use other third parties to provide services such as email delivery, website hosting, credit card processing, and catalog mailing. When you sign up for our email newsletter, place an order, or request a catalog, we will share your information as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
Your email address will not be sold, rented, or traded to an outside party. You will not receive email from an outside party as a result of providing your email address to us.
How can you opt-out, deactivate, or modify information you have provided to us?
Please Contact Us if you ever need any help modifying your personal information or settings.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We make use of the latest technology to ensure information provided to us isn't intercepted or decrypted by outside parties.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it on occasion. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here. This policy was last modified June 12. 2007.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please Contact Us with any and all feedback pertaining to privacy or any other issue.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions page establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Clearance Items 30-50% Off
While supplies last. Don't miss out on these great deals! Click here to view.
Most orders are shipped within 24hrs on business days!